Friday, 25 May 2018
Yesterday’s farm dispersal sale was on instruction from Nigel and Keri Redfern at Home Farm, Shadowbrook Lane, Hampton in Arden.
The main vendor, Nigel
We were lucky to enjoy a lovely sunny day and had an ice cream van on site to keep us cool. True to form, our auctioneer Stuart took full advantage of this!
Two of our auctioneers, Mike and Scott
We were pleased to welcome buyers from all over the UK – with some travelling from as far afield as Cornwall and Scotland.
We were surrounded by the M42 on one side of the sale field and planes landing at Birmingham Airport every five minutes, which Stuart thought added interest to the proceedings!
We had a total of 900 lots in the sale.
We started with 200 lots of furniture from the Bed & Breakfast, which sold well. These lots ranged from picture frames and ornaments, to sofas and fridge freezers.
Waiting for the furniture auction to begin
Top prices from the furniture:
- Oxblood leather sofas sold for £310
- Kitchen table (which the vendors had their breakfast off that morning!) sold for £125
- Pine wine rack sold for £75
- A pine set of drawers sold for £75
There was a large amount of interest for the Farm Machinery and Equipment, with crowds gathering in the field.
Some top prices of the day:
- 2001 John Deere 7710 Tractor – £36,000
- 2007 John Deere 6420 Tractor – £28,600
- 2004 JCB 530.70 Farm Special Loadall – £18,200
- 2015 Lely Welger RP445 Round Baler – £18,000
- 2010 John Deere 731i 3,200 Litre Trailed Crop Sprayer – £15,200
- 2006 JCB 526 Telehandler – £14,000
- 2012 Sumo Trio 3.3m Mounted Cultivator – £11,800
- 2011 Kuhn FC313 Lift Control Mower Conditioner – £6,400
- 2011 Krone Swadro 42/13 Single Rotor Rake – £4,700
- McHale 991BC Bale Wrapper – £4,200
- West Mac Conventional Baler – £4,000
We ended the sale with very happy vendors all round!
The sun sets on a successful sale
We have lots more auctions coming up this summer – check our auctions page to find out when the next one is.