Tuesday, 21 July 2020
Howkins & Harrison Equestrian Property Team
Howkins & Harrison’s specialist equestrian property team has had a phenomenal first year, having been officially launched last May. Although we have supported equestrian property and business owners throughout our long history, last year we created a specialist team, all with extensive equestrian experience, to bring together our collective knowledge and become a unique resource for equestrian property advice in the region. The H&H Equestrian team focus on planning permission, change of use applications, land and property advice, grant funding and property agency for both sale and rental.
A sample of the projects undertaken by the team in
the last year include:
- Full planning permission for a purpose-built equestrian facility with a 16-box internal yard, horsewalker, 30m x 60m outdoor school and on-site accommodation in Aylesbury Vale DC
- Full planning permission for a new stud business including the provision of an 8-box internal yard and on-site accommodation in Cherwell District Council for Haybridge Stud
- Planning permission has been submitted for a new equestrian facility in Leicestershire, including a barn, 60m x 61m manège, horsewalker and lunge pen
- Grant funding and planning for Newbold Verdon Equestrian Centre
- Planning permission for a 60m x 40m manège, horse walker, lunge pen and retrospective change of use of buildings to stables near Market Bosworth
- Kilsby – sale of an equestrian property with 5 acre flat and level pasture field, yard, barn & wooden stable.
- Shilton – a well-equipped equestrian facility of around 3.2 acres with manège , paddock, field shelter and stables for 3 horses.
- Kirkby Old Parks Farm- with equestrian facilities stretching to 17 acres, 14 stables and a manège.
- Successful letting of a well-established livery yard in North Warwickshire, including 20m x 40m all-weather manège, 17 stables, hay barn, wash box and approximately 14 acres
We are actively selling a number of H&H Equestrian properties and we have instructions from several clients to find professional yards to rent.
Additionally, our experienced team continue to apply
for grant funding, planning and change of use applications on behalf of
If our H&H Equestrian team can be of assistance,
please email Jennifer Whitton Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
or Anna Meynell email@example.com
for further information and a no-obligation discussion around your equestrian
Jennifer is a qualified rural surveyor and leads our Towcester rural office team. She is a keen rider and regularly competes in eventing, show jumping and team chasing individually and for Cherwell Valley Riding Club. Jennifer is presently enrolled on the prestigious IAgrM Leadership Development Programme 2020, a course aimed at future leaders with a desire to effect change.
Anna is a surveyor in our Ashby de la Zouch team, working across all aspects of rural surveying. Anna has developed a deep knowledge of grant funding and has successfully sourced funding, alongside planning permission, for numerous projects throughout the Midlands region, in addition to managing the successful sale of numerous country properties. Anna is a keen rider, completing in dressage for the Atherstone Riding Club as well as simply riding for enjoyment.