Thursday, 14 May 2020
Instructions to create a virtual viewing video
We have welcomed guidance from Government that a virtual
viewing should precede a physical viewing in order to hone the interest of
potential property purchasers in order to comply with social distancing rules.
This guidance provides an opportunity to whet the appetite of your viewers as
well as ensuring that we only bring serious viewers to your property during the
To this end, we ask that you create a virtual viewing of
your house. This is pretty straight forward and does not need to be anything
more than a smartphone video of you walking through your property, following
- Hold the phone lengthways (landscape) rather than upright
- Switch the camera to video and press the red button
- Holding the camera at head height, walk through your home from the front door into each of the rooms
- The video does not need to be lengthy but does need to give an honest overview of the property
- Unless you particularly wish to show the gardens, a video of these is not necessary
- Maximum length of 3 minutes is ideal to keep viewers engaged to the end. If we have a specific question from a viewer, we can ask you for a more detailed video of that area of your property
Once complete, send the video via WhatsApp if you have it to 07825 319651 or via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have been provided with a different phone number from your agent, please use the one you have been given.
WeTransfer is a free file sharing platform. Open your internet browser, type WeTransfer and open the website. In the ‘To’ box, type email@example.com. In the ‘From’ box, type your email. In the ‘Message’ box please type your name and property address including postcode. Then attach the file using the upload option, navigating to your photo / video library and press send. The upload may take a few minutes as the file is likely to be large.