Thursday, 6 June 2019
fantastic opportunity for a Senior Planner is available to join our highly
successful, motivated and growing planning consultancy within the Howkins and Harrison
alongside a team of experienced and skilled planners, you will be need to hit
the ground running and to pick up on existing cases as well as find new work.
our support, you will be working with clients on delivering development
projects throughout the midlands.
are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 2 years of planning experience
within the public or private sector, with a relevant qualification, and who is looking
to take the next step in their career.
key duties will be to:
- Carry out desktop and on-site appraisals to identify development
and re-development opportunities
- Provide professional planning advice and recommendations
- Submit pre-applications to local authorities
- Prepare the necessary submissions in order to submit valid
planning applications on behalf of clients and manage the process through to
determination, including presentation at local authority planning
committee hearings and if then required – an appeal process
- Submission of; S78, listed building consent, conservation area
consent, agricultural prior notification, prior approvals, certificates of
- Prepare development plan representations and subsequent monitoring
progress of sites through the development plan process
- Liaison with all stakeholders in the planning and development
- Identify opportunities, organise and participate in community
engagement events, and build relationships with other professionals and
stakeholders in the planning application process
- Source and generate new work.
and experience you will have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Planning role (e.g. within local government, consultancy or development industry)
- A relevant Planning qualification
- Membership of RTPI or working towards membership is desirable
competencies you will need:
- Sound knowledge of the planning system and associated planning
policy, guidance and law.
- Confident communicator
- Excellent written and reporting skills
- Confident negotiator
- Good team player but able to work on own initiative
- Good time manager
- Effective organiser
- Commercial awareness
- Computer literate
The pay and package offered to a successful candidate will depend
and Harrison is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We endeavour
to attract, develop and retain talented people irrespective of backgrounds and
cultures. Everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated
equally, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, marital status,
sexual orientation or religious beliefs.