Tuesday, 18 January 2022
Senior Strategic Land Manager
Reporting to: Tim Howard (Partner)
The Senior Strategic Land Manager role is to help manage the strategic land portfolio of Howkins & Harrison LLP delivering excellent professional and commercial advice to clients and developers, whilst working in a team environment.
The role will be based at Rugby (or other regional office) but will cover our entire Midlands practice area and will be responsible for the following activities:
- Procure land for strategic development (both residential and commercial) either by utilising existing contacts, marketing or awareness of local and regional demands.
- Negotiation and agreeing Heads of Terms for Option and Promotion Agreements.
- Liaising with clients, solicitors, accountants and developers or promoters on Agreements to the point of exchange.
- Monitoring and reporting on Promotion and Option Agreements during their life to the point of exercise.
- Marketing sites for sale (in conjunction with promoters) and ensuring a full and proper sales and marketing procedure is followed and ensuring the site exchanges and completes, having worked with the legal advisors throughout the process and keeping the client fully informed.
- Valuation and Negotiation of Sale Price following exercise of Option Agreements.
- Monitor regional house prices (£/sq ft) and land values, keeping a comparable database.
- Monitor relevant Local Plans ensuring the team are aware of their status and that representations are made at the relevant time and any SHLAA submissions are made.
- Monitor other relevant planning applications and appeals.
- Help set up systems, standard forms and procedures to help run the department smoothly to a high standard.
- Help to ensure industry compliance.
- Attend bi-monthly departmental meetings [manage minutes and actions].
- Report on key indicators which will be used to drive the department forward
- Help source CPD for the team.
- Ensure all work is on a work pipeline and work within a set budget with achievable targets.
- Help shape department targets and help meet and exceed them.
- Ensure high levels of communication throughout the firm of what the department is doing.
- Ensure high levels of client care.
Skill Set Required
- Chartered Surveyor or a qualified Town Planner (Preferred but not essential)
- Strong communicator and enthusiastic about their role
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience in Strategic Development deals and sales of land
- Have a good knowledge of the Midlands area and geographical trends
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Competent on Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel