We are registered valuers and members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). As such, we are able to conduct your valuation in accordance with the RICS standards manual (often known as the Red Book).
We regularly conduct formal valuations for the following purposes:
- Probate/Inheritance Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Matrimonial (jointly or independently appointed)
- Market Value for Charities or Trusts
- Mortgage and Loan Security
- Insurance/Reinstatement Valuations
As our reports are compliant with the Red Book, you can rely on them for any required purpose including:
- submission to the capital taxes office
- calculating capital gains tax payable
- agricultural property and business property relief when considering Inheritance Tax
We also conduct negotiations with the district valuer, should this be required.
Buying property or borrowing money
If you are buying a property or borrowing money, we will carry out a valuation in order to confirm the purchase price of a property is sound.
We are panel valuers for a number of institutions such as AMC, Lloyds, Barclays, Natwest, Handlesbanken and many others.
These can be jointly or independently appointed by you or a solicitor. We will provide a valuation in accordance with your instructions that can be relied on individually or by both parties as well as by the courts.
We can also provide valuations on an informal basis, to let you know what your property is worth prior to placing it on the market. This is done on a no obligation basis in the form of a sales and marketing report.