HOW WE HANDLE & USE YOUR INFORMATION
Howkins & Harrison is the trading name of Howkins & Harrison LLP. We are a limited liability partnership of chartered surveyors, estate agents, letting agents, town planners, auctioneers, property consultants and land agents.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Howkins & Harrison LLP, 7-11 Albert Street, Rugby, CV21 2RX.
We may collect, hold and use some of your personal data and so here will provide more information about how this works.
Please read it carefully and ensure that you understand it. If you do not accept and agree with any part of it please stop using the website immediately, because your continuing use of our website will be seen as your acceptance of it.
Definitions and Interpretation
Meanings of phrases within this document:
Data: Any information that a user of the website provides to us, through our “Contact us” page, or through emailing us relating to any person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that information.
We/Us/Our: Howkins & Harrison LLP, 7-11 Albert Street, Rugby, CV21 2RX.
Company Number: OC316701
You/Your: A user of the website
The Website: www.howkinsandharrison.co.uk
- Howkins & Harrison LLP,
- Howkins and Harrison,
- Reed & Johnson LLP t/a Andrew Johnson & Company
Our VAT number is 272 4321 77
Our HMRC AML registration number is 12741860
If you have any questions about the website or the use of your data, please contact us in writing at, the above address or;
Telephone: 01788 564680
As a user you have the following rights:-
- A right to be informed about our collection and use of personal information
- A right of access to the personal information we hold about you
- A right to rectification if any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- A right to ask us to delete any personal information held about you unless we are obliged to retain the information for other legal reasons
- A right to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal information
- A right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your data to re-use with another service or organisation)
- A right to object to the use of your data for particular purposes.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms physically or on our website; or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, identification documents, financial information or bank account verification information.
Additionally, we may collect the following, where appropriate; occupation and/or tenancy information, land ownership information, property auction attendance information and information relating to property transactions.
You can contact us directly through any of our contact options available on the Website.
If you contact us or send us an email, we will retain the details you provide to us including your name, your email address, and any other information which you choose to give us. You can update your details at any time by contacting us here.
Information we collect from your use of our website
With regards to each of your visits to our website, we will automatically collect the following information:
technical information, such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet location of where you connected to our service
your internet service provider (ISP) the type of device you are using to access our service
We also place ‘cookies’ on your computer or device.
We use Google Analytics to understand how Howkins & Harrison’s internet site is being used in order to improve the user experience. Your user data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy relating to its analytics service here.
We also work closely with other organisations (including, for example, estate and letting agent content management systems, credit check providers, and mailing list providers). We will also carry out searches with third parties who hold information relating to property transactions, such as the Land Registry.
Using Your Information
Where we hold any personal information, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary, considering the reason it was provided to us.
We will potentially reply to your email, write to you, contact you by telephone, in order that we can:
- Provide details on the properties requested, plus any others we think may interest you
- Offer or provide you with the services requested, plus any others we think may interest, or be required by you as part of a job or transaction in order that we can perform our obligations to you
- Provide further information about Howkins & Harrison LLP and the services that we offer
- Where you have expressly opted in, to provide you with marketing communications in relation to our wider services
We will delete your personal information once your request has been met or the service has been provided, except where:
- You were interested in details of properties we are offering when we will continue to hold your information in order to send you information on other properties that may interest you
- You become a client, a buyer or a tenant of a property
- You require us to retain it for longer
- We are required to retain it for longer for legal reasons or as part of our professional indemnity insurance policy
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your data and to request that we delete it.
We will usually keep information about you for a maximum of 16 years after the end of our relationship with you unless:
- Obligations to our regulators require otherwise
- We require the data in relation to such a claim
- for legal reasons
- We are required to remove such data from our records
- This period has been selected as it is in line with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) suggested retention period.
Sharing Your Information
We will not sell any of your data with any third parties for any purposes, we may share your information save for any requirement that is to be carried out by a third party – such as (but not limited to) an EPC, floorplan, survey, investigation or specialist advice.
You agree that, for the purposes set out in the ‘Data Collection’ section set out above, we have the right to share your personal information with:
- selected third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- business partners, subsidiaries and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- tradesmen and service suppliers to carry out work required pursuant to a contract with you
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case, personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
Storage of your Data
Your data will only be stored by us, at any of our premises, in the UK.
Accessing Your Data
You have a right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold on you free of charge. Please contact us to make a request at 01788 564680 email@example.com
Changes to our Policies
We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date, as we reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time if our policies change or the law changes. Any changes will be posted on this page of the website and you will be deemed to have accepted changes to the Policy on your first use of the website following the changes.
This Policy applies only to your use of this website. The website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us on 01788 564680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will address your concerns and attempt to solve the problem to your satisfaction in line with our complaints handling procedure, which you can get a copy of by contacting John Hall.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.